Innovative, inquisitive electrical engineer with more than 25 years of experience with semiconductor companies in consumer electronics, the PC market and the embedded market. A foundational contributor to DVI, HDMI and MHL standards, with continuing role as lead technical writer and editor of 500-page standards. Excellent interpersonal skills in team management, within and across multiple companies. Expert in Microsoft Word and Visio. Experienced in Adobe InDesign. Passionate about conveying technology details to customers both internal and external.
|· Technical Marketing||· Product Marketing|
|· Technical Writing||· Patent Process|
|· Application Engineering||· Inventing|
|· Program Management||· Training and Education|
|· Quality Control||· Device Testing|
LIGHT, Palo Alto, CA 2016
Development of engineering and manufacturing documentation.
GRANITE RIVER LABS, Santa Clara, CA 2016
Technical Marketing Manager
Development of technical collateral, product marketing literature, while tracking developments in high-speed interconnect standards for future product definition.
- Transformed company data sheet library from Word to InDesign.
- Compiled and clarified multiple MOI test documents.
SILICON IMAGE, Sunnyvale, CA 1998-2015
Technical Manager, 2010-2015
Responsible for all interaction with MHL promoter companies’ technical team, including driving consensus on each iteration of the specification; as well as sole technical writer for all MHL technical documents.
- Lead technical team meetings of five promoter companies, driving to consensus decisions throughout five years of international meetings both face-to-face and online.
- Produced and maintained more than 3,000 pages technical specifications – across five generations – including training materials, and customer communications, including revision tracking and technical review sign-offs.
- Designed format and layout, including VBA macros and related Excel files, for MHL technical documents. More than 20 years’ experience with Word.
- Provided face-to-face training for technical staff on new issues in both HDMI and MHL, internationally, throughout the year.
Senior Engineer, System & Architecture Group, 2015
Part of the CTO team creating new features for future versions of industry standards related to digital video interfaces.
- Wrote technical proposals, including multiple patent filings, for advanced features in upcoming HDMI standard.
- Coordinated proposals for video, audio and control, across HDMI and MHL standards, to optimize implementation complexity.
Program Manager, 2013-2015
Responsible for program deliverables within Silicon Image related to MHL, to bring them to approval cycle of the MHL promoter companies.
- Delivered technical material across multiple internal groups to meet schedules for three concurrent versions of MHL specifications and related test equipment.
Worldwide FAE Manager, 2005-2010
Responsible for overseeing customer engagements with company’s FAE team, both pre-sales and post-sales, and coordinating technical solutions for customers within the development team.
- Provided technical training on high-speed digital interface chipsets for FAE team, sales channels and customers.
- Improved time-to-solution for customer issues within the development team through cross-functional meetings and chairing technical discussions.
Technical Marketing Engineer, 2002-2005
Responsible for translating internal engineering materials into thorough customer-facing technical documents, including data sheets, application notes, errata, training materials.
- Designed and created all technical documents for first-generation HDMI chipsets.
- Created templates for HDMI Specification, and Compliance Test Specification.
- Designed add-in HDMI PCB for Intel motherboards.
Field Application Engineer (North America & EMEA), 1998-2002
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Engineering
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
California Secondary Education Teaching Certificate in History
San Jose State University, San Jose, California
Eleven United States Patents to date. Additional patents applied for.